Righteous Reds: Mack’s Top 5 Red Lip Loves
Bold. Sexy. Strong. Brave. These are all the things I feel when I wear red lipstick. Red is also the color of love, and with Valentine’s Day upon us this week, I’m gonna let you in on my top five lip colors. Pucker up!
- Nudestix Intense Matte Lip & Cheek Pencil – Royal ($27, www.nudestix.com) Now y’all know I love my Nudestix. Retro is no exception. From the creamy, soft formula to the smooth opaque coverage, this can’t. Not to mention, you can use it to create a rosy cheek to complement your gorgeous red pout. (Hint: To get more bang for your buck, buy this color in the lip & cheek mini set.)
2. Sephora Cream Lip Stain – Always Red ($14, www.sephora.com). This bold red has the perfect balance of cool blue and warm red undertones and is long-wearing without drying the lips. I mean, two cheeseburgers and a medium fry long-wearing. It also comes at a very competitive price for a prestige lip product.
3. AJ Crimson – Ruby Who ($22, www.ajcrimson.com). This beautiful deep red is another long-wearing matte. I love that it has such a dark hue, but is still unmistakably red. Created by African-American makeup artist A.J. Crimson, this shade will flatter a wide array of skin tones. It’s my go-to for winter days and special occasions. Get it while it’s hot; it’s one of AJ Crimson’s best sellers.
4. Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense– #43 Moulin Rouge (www.makeupforever.com). This is one of the creme-de-la-creme of cream lipsticks in my collection. It’s a classic matte red with full coverage and rich pigment. I love the color, but my favorite feature is the formula. It has a truly matte finish, but it’s so comfortable, smooth, and creamy.
5. NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment – Starwoman (www.narscosmetics.com). Described as a vivid blue red, this color is from one of NARS’ newest lip formulas. It has a rich opaque finish that slides on and stays moist throughout the day while staying put. Also, the product has a unique pointed applicator that makes lip lining easy and precise.
I have so many reds I love that was hard narrowing this list to my top five, so here are four more favorites I reach for regularly (Hint: they’re all drugstore finds!):
- Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme – Devotion ($8.49, www.walgreens.com)
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick – Kitten Heels ($7, www.nyxcosmetics.com)
- NYX Epic Lip Ink Lip Dye – Blazed ($7, www.nyxcosmetics.com)
- NYX Butter Lipstick – Big Cherry ($6.50, www.nyxcosmetics.com)
What’s your favorite ravishing red? Drop it in the comments below!